Friday 22 February 2013

Do the math!

Harvard Graduate School of Education asked me to contribute to their Winter issue of Ed. Magazine. I worked on the cover, double page spread and half page illustration for an article about mathematics reform in the USA.


I enjoyed combining chalkboard with squared paper backgrounds, numerals and equations to illustrate the piece. The design team's simple but witty idea for the cover, a pseudo-math equation, was carefully rendered to read both as an equation and the subject of the article. Inside the magazine, I retained the simple colour palette to keep the more complex illustrations eye-catching and legible.


You can see more of my illustrative editorial work in my image>editorial folder on my portfolio site.



1 comment:

  1. Hi Ruth... nice work I like the colors you always use.
    Loris Bosk from Italy

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.